In order to direct the research of the university in order to develop the top and required technologies of the country and expand the boundaries of knowledge in the priority and required areas of the country, the activity of research nuclei in the form of research credit (Grant) is supported. In this regard, the research activities of those faculty members who work in the form of research teams of students and researchers in order to achieve specific research achievements in a research axis are supported in a period of two to three years.
The amount of support for the supported projects within the framework of Grant program is a maximum of 35 million Tomans per year. This amount can be spent in three areas: human resources, equipment, and faculty implementation. The share of human resources, including the payment of monthly salaries to students and researchers, is 60% of the grant amount, the share of equipment is 30%, and the share of the project executor is 10%. It is worth noting that the share of the executor can be spent in two other categories.
The areas supported by the Grant program are limited to applied, basic research and topics required by the country’s industries.
The Grant program supports the following three support models:
Grant Type 1: Credits that are allocated by the university in Ratsa to conduct applied research in the required areas of the country to the research core of the program. The maximum amount of support for this type of project is 35 million Tomans.
Grant Type 2: Credits allocated by the university and a co-sponsoring organization to conduct research in the country or to expand the frontiers of knowledge to the research core of the program. The maximum amount of university support for this type of project is 17.5 million Tomans. This plan should be supported by industry at least 17.5 million Tomans.
Grant Type 3: Credits that are allocated by a sponsoring organization to the research core of the program in order to conduct the research required by the country.
Grant plans to support the following basic support models:
Grant Type 4: Related to supporting faculty members’ projects or cores with research experience. The annual support ceiling is 30 million tomans.
Grant’s program to support projects with the title of needed by the country’s industries has considered the following support model:
Grant Type 5: Credits that are allocated by the university to the research centers of the program in order to conduct research on the title required by the country’s industries. The maximum amount of support for this type of project is 35 million Tomans.
The main areas supported by the Grant program are divided into the following three areas:
- Health, Medical Engineering and Cognitive Sciences (Medical Equipment, Medicine, etc.)
- Energy (New energy, clean, renewable, energy management and optimization)
- Water and the environment (water treatment, air pollution, fine dust, waste, recovery and extraction of precious metals)
The five sub-domains supported by Grant Type 2 of the Grant program are as follows:
- Information and Communication Technology (Network Security, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Encryption and Related Topics)
- New manufacturing technologies (parts, equipment and materials)
- Crisis Management (Passive Defense)
- Oil and Gas
In general, Sharif University’s Office of Communication with Industry provides the following services:
- Providing contract management services to executors
- Insurance of research personnel and provision of accounting
- Send calls and receive proposals
- Record university industry records
- Marketing University Capabilities
- Forming strategic cooperation with industries
- Assist in the formation and follow-up of national university projects
- Registration and documentation of industrial capabilities
- Review and evaluate projects and ideas and select projects with investment capability
- Preparation of feasibility study and complete communication with the market and customers
- Participate and invest in the development of plans and ideas
- Registration of intellectual property rights (IP)
- Specialized negotiations with investors
- Assist in concluding contracts
- Supply of products developed in the market or sell examples of intellectual property
University support in these two programs includes the nuclei and technology offices that are under the supervision of the faculty members of the university.
Depending on the type of intellectual property, how to own one of the following methods:
- If the asset is the result of direct investment and budget allocation by the university, 60% of the property belongs to the university and 40% belongs to the creators of intellectual property. If a sponsor provides part of the resources needed to develop intellectual property, the share of the university will be owned by the sponsor in proportion to the percentage of funding provided.
- If the intellectual property is due to the repayment of facilities by the university with repayment, 15% of the intellectual property belongs to the university and 85% belongs to the creators.
- If the intellectual property is the result of the implementation of industry-related contracts, 30% of the ownership belongs to the university and 70% to the creators. If the contract with the employer is part of the ownership of the intellectual property created by the employer, the share of the creator and the university of the remaining share shall be given in proportion.
- If the intellectual property is the result of a dissertation or student’s dissertation, 25% of the intellectual property belongs to the university and 75% belongs to the creators.
- If the intellectual property is derived from support and allocation of credit outside the university, including government and support organizations or private companies and institutions, 50% of the intellectual property belongs to the university and 50% belongs to the creators. The sponsor’s share, if any, is awarded to him in accordance with the contract or agreement, and the share of the university and the creator is calculated on the remainder of the share.
Technology Development and Transfer Office located in Technology Services Complex, Unit 301. Contact number +98 (21) 66166301
Intellectual Property Office located in Technology Services Complex, Unit 304. Contact Number +98 (21) 66166304
The focus of the technology commercialization program is on commercialization and marketing for research achievements and findings at the university. But the main goal of the Grant program is to target and direct research activities to meet the basic needs of the country.
In the technology commercialization program, projects will be supported that have been technologically proven to be laboratory efficient, and for commercialization they need to attract capital to produce on a semi-industrial scale. But in the Grant program, designs are just an idea on paper that requires research and experimental activities.